Monday, 5 December 2016

Tanahun sells oranges worth more then Rs 100 million

Posted by Anup Baral Dec 6, 2016 :
Tanahu district has sold oranges worth Rs 250 in this fiscal year 2015/16. This year's sale of the oranges was Rs 10.3 million higher as compared to previous fiscal year, according to the District Agriculture Development Office, Tanahu. A total of 8,436 metric tonnes of oranges were produced this year against 5,700 metric tonnes, shared Thakur Prasad Devkota, Horticulture Development Officer at DADO, Tanahu. Commercial orange farming is carried out across 502 hectares of area in the district. Only 15 per cent of the total produce was consumed within the district while the rest 85 per cent was exported outside the district. This year, farmers had sold organges at Rs 20-60 per kg.

Guide of the month: January 2018

Traveling gives us the opportunity to disconnect from our regular life. You get to forget your problems/issues for a few weeks, it can also help you figure things out that you would not have understood without the distance traveling can give you. We all have crazy schedules, work and a family to take care of, going away alone or with some friends can give you distance and perhaps even make you realize how important these people are for you. Like the saying says: we never know what we have until we lose it.

Another great benefit is the relaxation you get to do. It’s nice to live life to its fullest and enjoy a stress free time with yourself. Going on vacation lets us recharge our “batteries” by disconnecting us from our regular life. When we come back we feel invigorated and we are happy to be back in our day to day routine. It’s a very good stress remover that has a lot more to give than most people are willing to accept.

Traveling increases our knowledge and widens our perspective. To view new customs, different ways of living is fantastic for the mind. It gives us a new perspective about life and especially our life, it can help us change some of our habits or even create new ones. When I travel I usually make it a point to try new food, some cultures don’t have fries in their diet and they are all skinny, others use spices to give taste and not oils or fats. Discovering different values and ways to get by in life is really interesting. You also need to visit exotic new places and discover what this wonderful world has to offer.